The Parents Education League of Los Angeles has been contacted repeatedly by families seeking information regarding schools that can best serve children with special needs. As a resource, we are here to provide you information that you can use in your search. The following entries and links are not all-inclusive and will be continuously updated.
- Bridges Academy at www.bridges.edu/
- Westmark at www.
- Frostig Center at www.frostig.org/
- Park Century School at www.
- The H.E.L.P. Group at www.thehelpgroup.org
- The Center for Autism and Related Disorders at www.centerforautism.com
- Behavioral Health Center atbehavioralheal
- Child Development Institute atchilddevelopmentin
- Center for the Developing Mind atcenterforthedevelopingm
- California Association of Private Special Education Schools at http://www.capses.com/
LA Magazine September 2010 Issue on Autism:
- Stories: includes Basics, Resources, & People: http://www.lamag.com/
- H.E.R.O. (Helpful Educational Resource Organization): http://www.heroreading.com/
- The Kelter Center: http://www.
Special Education Resources On-line:
- Wikipedia Definition of Special Needs:http://en.wikipedia.org/
- Wikipedia Definition of Special Ed:http://www.ask.com/wiki/
- Office of Child Care, CEO, LA County:http://ceo.lacounty.
- First 5: California:http://www.
- Los Angeles Examiner Blog:http://www.examiner.com/
- Special Needs Network, Los Angeles:http://www.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles; HaMercaz, A Community of Support for
- Families Raising Children with Special Needs http://www.jewishla.org/
- About.com Special Children:http://
- Federation for Children with Special Needs:http://fcsn.org/index.
- Special Needs Project: http://www.
- Special Education Advisor:http://www.
- Children with Special Needs by Parents:http://www.
- Family Education:http://school.
familyeducation.com/learning- disabilities/add-and-adhd/ 34388.html
- LD Online: The Interactive Guide to Learning Disabilities offers information and ideas about learning disabilities for parents, teachers, and children
- Special Education for Special Children Many great links for all areas of special education
- ADDResource.Com A hotlist for sources for ADD issues
- Autism Today at www.autismtoday.com
- American Sign Language Browser This site allows you to look up thousands of ASL signs
- Blindness Resource Center Hotlist of resources for the blind
- The Child Development Institute atchilddevelopmentinfo.com/