Local School Districts:
- Beverly Hills Unified School District website: www.bhusd.
- Culver City Unified School District website: http://www.
- Glendale Unified School District website: www.gusd.
- Los Angeles Unified School District: www.lausd.net/
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District: www.manhattan.k12.ca.us/
- Pasadena Unified School District website: www.pusd.us/
- Redondo Beach Unified School District website: www.rbusd.
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District website: www.smmusd.org/
Local Non-Profit Educational Organizations:
- JKidLA: Would you like personal help in navigatin the myriad of Jewish educational programs in LA so that you can find the right ones for your family? Contact a Concierge today for their complimentary service. Rachel Donitz Kaplan -Valley Concierge (818) 464-3391 and/or Debra Markovic – City Concierge (323) 761-8616. www.jkidla.com/conci
- New Visions Foundation: dedicated to providing innovative educational opportunities to underserved children through which they can transform their lives.www.newvisionsfnd.org/
- Los Angeles Universal Preschool (LAUP): financed by First 5 LA (a commision formed from Proposition 10 “Children & Families Act of 1998”) seeks to offer high-quality preschool access to every 4-year-old in Los Angeles County by 2016. www.laup.net/
- Southern California Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies. http://cao.lacounty.gov/ccp/agencies.htm
- Youth Policy Institute: offering educational (after school programs, tutoring, enrichment activities, etc), job training and computer literacy services to low income families. Winner of U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer’s Excellence in Education award. www.ypiusa.
- Proyecto Pastoral at Dolores Mission in Boyle Heights: community building organization providing education, training and social service to Boyle Heights. www.proyectopastoral.
National Educational Organizations:
Edutopia: The George Lucas Educational Foundation is dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process by using digital media to document, disseminate, and advocate for innovative, replicable strategies that prepare students to thrive in their future education, careers, and adult lives. Through the Edutopia.org Web site, we spread the word about ideal, interactive learning environments and enable others to adapt these successes locally. Edutopia.org contains a deep archive of continually updated best practices, from classroom tips to recommendations for districtwide change. Allied with a dedicated audience that actively contributes success stories from the field, our mission relies on input and participation from schools and communities. www.edutopia.org/
School Associations :
- The Elementary School Admission Directors (ESAD) and the Consortium of Secondary School Admission Directors (CSSAD) share a common mission, assisting families in their exploration of independent school education. They do so by following the best practices of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS); by establishing and adhering to ethical, consistent policies and procedures, most notably, their common decision notification and response dates. These organizations are also committed to sharing resources and expertise in a collegial manner to support the recruitment and enrollment of students. www.laais.org/
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS): serves to improve its member school and is an accrediting body. CAIS is an association member of NAIS and a member of NAIS Commission on Accreditation. www.caisca.org/
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC): accredits public and private schools and colleges in states of California and Hawaii among other locations. www.wascweb.org/
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS): advocates independent school education. www.nais.org/
Local, State, and Federal Agencies
- Los Angeles County Office of Education: services Los Angeles County’s 80 school districts. www.lacoe.edu/
- California Department of Education: state agency that oversees public education for California. www.cde.ca.gov/
- U.S. Department of Education: federal government agency responsible for establishment and administration of most educational federal aid, implementation of laws and assistance in carrying out of president’s national educational policies. www.ed.gov/